Martes, Abril 3, 2012
Hi good day! Here’s my last podcast for English two. This podcast will serve as my assessment for my persuasive speech. During my speech, I felt normal. No more nervousness at all, maybe because I’ve already consumed all my nervousness with my informative speech and maybe because I really love talking and sharing in front and that is what I noticed, I guess with a lot of practice nervousness will naturally be eliminated and everything would really fall into right places. Aside from there is a natural confidence that I felt during those times, I really did not notice any big improvements. I just follow the right things that I did when I delivered my informative speech. For the second time, I guess I did a good example of visuals, good set of pictures in it and just a little text. I also give large amount of my time in researches, in searching for a very good and reliable source of information about my topic and of course I also picked a topic which I really find interesting and which I think is really close to me. For my areas of improvements, I should practice even more; I think I should always check my visuals before doing the actual speech so that I can avoid technical problems. But nonetheless, I guess I really gave my best for my persuasive speech and that i should continue the right things.
For the content, organization and preparation of my speech, I can say that being organized in delivering a speech is a must. When your speech is organized you can neatly say the ideas you have in mind also; you can easily remember information about your speech. Being organized means being prepared that’s why delivering a persuasive speech really needs organization because it is where you can say that a person really allocates time in arranging his ideas into proper places. Researching is also important because in persuasive speaking, you need a high credibility so that the people you present to will easily be persuaded by your speech through how organized you are and how reliable your sources are. In persuasive speaking it’s not enough that you say your personal point of view, you should always look for a source that would save you when people started to doubt the things that you’re saying! Go find the best sources that you can see! Lastly, practicing your speech is also important because this can help you familiarize your speech, we don’t want memorization because that would sound robotic but instead we just need to familiarize so that the natural speaking voice will still be present. Having practices in front of a mirror can help you check if you got the right facial expression with that specific line, or if you sound well while you’re speaking. Constant practice before the speech can help lower the chances of being nervous during THE JUDGEMENT DAY and lastly, practices before the speech day can improve you little by little so that when speech day comes you already know how to carry yourself in front of the crowd. For my personal experiences, I make outlines for the ideas that come into my mind. I also used the Monroe’s Model for Persuasive Speech because I know this can really help me in organizing my speech. For my sources, I looked for the best ones, the credible ones. I make it a point that I read the contents of my sources, I don’t copy and paste things from internet but instead I get the information and extract my own idea. Lastly, for the practicing, I actually practice in front of the mirror or in front of my mom, so that I can or somebody can spot my mistake and correct it right away before the speech.
For the last part of my assessment, I have a short list of my resolution:
1.) I would look for a lot of sources, then I’ll read them carefully, check the credibility of the site then I will pick as many sources that contain helpful information about my speech.
2.) I will do my speech as early as possible so that I can avoid cramming and “cram outputs”. I will make use of my time wisely, allotting time for the construction of my ideas, for researches, for revising and for practicing my speech.
3.) I will carefully read all the instructions given in Edu.20 so that I can produce a good output. I will make sure that I did the step-by-step instructions correctly without missing anything behind.
Mag-subscribe sa:
I-post ang Mga Komento (Atom)
Walang komento:
Mag-post ng isang Komento